- Golden Beach Medical Centre is centrally located on Landsborough Parade in Caloundra on the picturesque Sunshine Coast. We are committed to promoting wellness and disease prevention to all patients. We do not discriminate in the provision of excellent care and aim to treat all patients with due respect.
- At a Glance
- - Open 7 Days Including Extended Hours On Wednesdays
- - Incorporating Travel Clinics Australia
- - Incorporating Suncoast Skin Check
- - On-site QML Pathology and X-Ray & Imaging
- Suncoast Skin Check:
- At Golden Beach Medical Centre we incorporate the latest digital technology in the assessment and diagnosis of skin lesions with doctors who have a special interest in skin cancer. All consultations and procedures in Suncoast Skin Check are fully bulk billed.
- • Family Medicine
- • Travel Medicine
- • Sports Medicine
- • Physiotherapy
- • Cosmetic Rejuventation
- • Imunisations
- • Suncoast Skin Check
- • Chronic Disease Management
- • Child Health
- • On-site Pathology
- • Audiology Services
- • Health Assessments
- • Domestic and Family Violence Support Services
- • Asthma Management and Education
- • Aged Care
- • 45-49 Year Old Health Checks
- On-site Services
- • Travel Clinic
- • Audiology, Bloom Hearing
- • Psychologist, Gail Baker
- • Podiatry, Dan Everson
- • Dietician, Brooke Welch
- • Diabetes Educator, Jenny Cameron
- • QML Pathology
About Suncoast Skin Check
Suncoast Skin Check is located within Golden Beach Medical Centre at Golden Beach on the Sunshine Coast.
At Golden Beach Medical Centre, we have doctors with a special interest in skin cancer ensuring professional and dependable service. All consultations and procedures undertaken in Suncoast Skin Check are fully bulk billed.
Have you had your skin checked recently for skin cancer or Melanoma? Our practice incorporates modern technology including the MoleMAX II computer for assessment. The MoleMAX II machine allows for very high magnification with special light frequencies to let the doctor look into the structure of the skin. This technology is world leading and allows for earlier diagnosis and treatment.
Each year in Australia, around 1,200 people die from skin cancer and melanomas, yet skin cancer is an almost totally preventable form of cancer. 95% of skin cancers are treatable if they are detected early. Regular checks of your skin should detect any suspicious moles or spots as soon as they develop.
Melanoma is a disease of the skin in which cancer cells are found in the cells that colour the skin. While this cancer is usually found in adults, it is occasionally found in younger people. If a mole or pigmented area doesn't look normal, your doctor at Golden Beach Medical Centre will cut it out (called local excision) and look at it under the microscope to see if it contains cancer. The screening is done in our clinic and is a relatively quick procedure. It is important that this biopsy is done correctly; as early detection means that your doctor can treat the infected area sooner.
Warning signs of melanoma to look out for: change in the size, shape, or colour of a mole; oozing or bleeding from a mole; or a mole that feels itchy, hard, lumpy, swollen, or tender to the touch. Melanoma can also appear on the body as a new mole. Men most often get melanoma on the trunk (the area of the body between the shoulders and hips) or on the head or neck; women most often get melanoma on the arms and legs.
Screening the body for melanoma can potentially lead to earlier diagnosis, thinner tumours and less chance of death from the cancer. If you want to have your skin checked, the doctor's at Golden Beach Medical Centre are the best people to see as they will know your full history and can provide follow up care. If you have been treated for skin cancer it is a good idea to have your skin checked by your doctor on a regular basis.
Our Sister Clinic:
Pelican Waters Family Doctors
7/44 Pelican Waters Boulevard
Ph: 5439 7100 Fax: 5439 7122 Email: reception@pelicanwatersfamilydoctors www.pelicanwatersfamilydoctors.com.au
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
You can also find Suncoast Skin Check here