John Holme Optometrist Reviews (1)
- What we offer:
- 1. Broadscope of Optometric services including:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Eyesight and eye health assessments
- Eye health tests include checking for Glaucoma, early onset diabetes, cataracts, macular degeneration. To help diagnose these problems we use an Optical Coherence Tomographer which takes a scan of the back of the eye, as well as a Retinal camera and a Visual Fields test
- 2. Behavioural vision assessments which determine if a child understands what they are seeing
- Recommended check uptimes, every two years unless you suspect any problems
- For children early intervention is key as learning depends on our most precious sense of sight. Routine checks are therefore recommended before commencement of Prep, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3 and every 2 years after.
- Behavioural Optometry - Childrens visual assessments
- OCT Scanner - 3D scans the back of the eye
About John Holme Optometrist
John Holme is an independent eye health practitioner who has been servicing patients on the Tablelands since 1979. He opened his own practice in 1985 with 2 locations, one is Mareeba and one in Malanda.
John Holme graduated in 1979. He worked in Mareeba for 6 years before opening his own practice in 1985. He is a fellow of the Australian College of Behavioural Optometry with a special interest in the treatment of vision difficulties in children with learning, reading or attention problems, eye turns and lazy eyes.
John also has experience in prescribing contact lenses. Diagnosing eye health issues a integral part of the practice and is helped by use of the latest technology including Electric Retinal Scanners, photography and visual fields perimeter.
Julie Holme is John’s wife. She taught in Mareeba and surrounding Tableland schools for over 10 years before completing her accreditation as a Vision Therapist through the Australian College of Behavioural Optometry. Julie loves her work and the positive impact vision therapy has on her patients.
Our Reception Staff
Nella Zenel, Janine Bergin,Demi Morgan and Colleen Falappi.
Nella and Janine have been in Optics for over 25 years. Nella has been part of our team for over 21 years and Janine 20 years. During those years both have taken pride in welcoming patients to our practices ensuring needs are met, queries answered and help given when choosing quality frames and appliances. They area skilled in ensuring your eye wear fits comfortably and performing repairs to spectacles and sunglasses. Their expertise is invaluable.
Demi Morgan is our newest member. Demi & Colleen are here to guide you through your experience at John Holme Optometrist. with welcoming smiles and an eye for style, plus their warm and friendly manner make Demi & Colleen an important addition to our team.
Mareeba – Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm. CLOSED FRIDAY
Malanda – Tuesday and Friday 9.00am to 5pm
More Locations for John Holme Optometrist
You can also find John Holme Optometrist here