- Specialist family law firm
- Parenting & childrens matters
- Property settlements
- Spousal maintenance
- Child support
- Financial & prenuptial agreements
- Companies, trust & partnerships
- Superannuation splitting
- Court orders
- Awarded leading family lawyer 2017, 2018 & 2019 in the North Coast & Northern Rivers regions
Accredited Specialist Family Lawyer
Accredited Specialist Family Arbitrator
Member for the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
About Burgess Family Law
At a glance:
• Leading North Coast family law firm
• Law society accredited specialist family law solicitor
• Children and financial matters
• Tailored, cost-effective advice
Advising clients throughout the North Coast including Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Lismore, Ballina, Byron Bay, the Gold Coast and beyond.
With more than 25 years’ experience in family law, Belinda Burgess is one of the most experienced family lawyers in regional New South Wales. She has been a Law Society accredited family law specialist since 2001 and is ranked in the Doyles guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a leading family lawyer in the North Coast and Northern Rivers region.
Belinda Burgess is recognised as a skilled adviser, an innovative thinker and tenacious advocate for her clients.
Why choose us?
• We take great pride in achieving the very best outcome for our clients
• We collaborate with the best mediators, barristers, accountants, and family therapists
• We adopt a practical, efficient and cost effective approach
We advise on all family law matters including:
• Children’s living and other arrangements
• Time children spend with parents and other persons
• Matters involving addiction/mental health issues
• Relocation applications
• Family violence
• International child abduction
• Property settlements
• Spousal maintenance
• Sole occupation of the home
• Injunctions to protect assets
• Superannuation splitting
• Financial (‘Prenuptial’) agreements
• Child support
• Businesses, trusts and partnerships
Belinda Burgess has devoted her career of more than 25 years to the practice of family and divorce law.
She has a special interest in complex parenting cases, particularly those involving issues of relocation of children.
She has a strong commercial acumen and is frequently involved in financial cases involving complex corporate and trust structures, and the valuation of businesses. She is a skilled court advocate and conducts interim hearings in both parenting and financial matters.
Belinda has an aptitude for quickly assessing the most direct and efficient approach to achieving her client’s objective. Her clients enjoy her frank style and commitment to resolving their matter in a streamlined and cost-effective manner. She strives to ‘look outside the square’ and pursue tailored and insightful outcomes.
You can also find Burgess Family Law here