Learn about using hand tools, characteristics of different timbers, how to get the sound Gina you are looking for, setting
Learn about using hand tools, characteristics of different timbers, how to get the sound Gina you are looking for, setting up your instrument and making your own guitar.
Learn with instrument maker Strato Anagnostis in small classes of four students.
Learn to build your guitar by hand using simple traditional techniques like the hot pipe for bending the sides and setting up jigs for assembling your instrument.
Open up your senses to the world of musical instruments making.
* feel the warm quality and characteristics of the timber
* let the fragrance of the wood stimulate your aesthetic awareness
* visualise and imagine the movement of your soundboard as you create it
* let your eyes be excited by the form and the lines dancing with the movement in the timber
* feel your anxious anticipation of hearing your first musical note flow into excitement as all your effort transcends into beautiful music.
At the Australian Guitar Making School you are encouraged to make the instrument of your choice. Positions available on completion of prior students.