Arbor Ecological is an environmental management consultancy in the Northern Rivers area of NSW. We provide professional advice and
Arbor Ecological is an environmental management consultancy in the Northern Rivers area of NSW. We provide professional advice and expertise in ecological and tree management services with a focus on cost effective solutions for clients.
Our work ranges from development assessment projects such as construction of large highways and residential housing developments and subdivisions, to single tree assessments on house blocks. We also work on high value conservation projects such as property scale vegetation planning and rehabilitation.
Arbor Ecological clients include land developers, owner builders, private landholders, local Councils, State Government agencies, development and planning firms, and fellow environmental consultants.
Our work is focused around north coast local Government areas of Tweed, Byron, Richmond Valley, Kyogle, Lismore, Ballina and Clarence Valley. We also work on large projects in Queensland.
We work closely with our clients, regulatory bodies and other professionals to complete field assessments and prepare reports on time and within budget. Our strong industry alliances enable us to draw on the expertise of colleagues with specialist skills as required. We are committed to ethical practices and professional standards.
Michael Hallinan, Principal and Founder of Arbor Ecological has over sixteen years of workplace experience in flora and fauna management including ecological planning and development assessment roles with both local Government (eg Lismore & Byron Councils) and NSW State Government (eg NRCMA).
Arbor Ecological has all necessary public liability and professional indemnity insurances. From individual tree assessments to large-scale developments, Arbor Ecological delivers affordable ecologist and arborist services to meet your needs. We provide professional advice and expertise in environmental assessments and preparation of development reports and conservation management plans.
About Michael (Principal Ecologist & Arborist)
• Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Resource Management), Southern Cross University
• Diploma in Arboriculture, Wollongbar TAFE (AQF level 5)
• Associate Diploma in Horticulture (Arboriculture), University of Western Sydney
• Scientific Licence: Ecological Survey & Conservation works. NSW Office of Environment & Heritage Lic No SL100965 (s132C NPW Act)
• WorkCover Construction Induction Training (OH&S White Card)
• Bushfire Planning & Assessment for Local Government Officers, NSW Rural Fire Service
• Partnering with Aboriginal Communities, North Coast Institute of TAFE
• Environmental Education for Local Government Officers, NSW Stormwater Trust
• Tree Care, Forestry NSW, West Pennant Hills.
• Ecological Consultants Association of NSW
• Arboriculture Australia
• Maguires/Willowbank Landcare Group (Secretary & Public Officer)
• Richmond River Estuary Management Committee (Environmental Representative)
• Big Scrub Rainforest Landcare Group
• Australian Association of Bush Regenerators (AABR)
• Birdlife Australia