Stuart Park is a suburban town located in the local government area of the City of Darwin in the Northern Territory. The suburb’s name is in reference to it being a part of the nearby town of Parap. Stuart Park was one of the local Progress Associations being established in 1950. The suburb used to be a park or camp site in Parap, but it fully became a separate area and was subsequently named after John McDouall Stuart. Today, the suburb is generally a residential community that is in close proximity to several public facilities and amenities. These include the Stuart Park Primary School, St. Johns College, the Darwin Middle School and the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory.