Ciccone is a small town within the local government area of Alice Springs Town Council in the Northern Territory. It is located about 1,498 kilometres from Darwin. The town was previously inhabited by the Arrernte Aboriginal people and European settlement started in 1862. The area was previously known as Stuart and acted as a telegraph station on the Adelaide to Darwin line. A waterhole in the area was named Alice Springs by government surveyor WW Mills. It was named after Alice Todd, wife of Superintendent Sire Charles Todd. In 1929, a railway line linking Alice Springs to Adelaide was created, which drew the town out of isolation. In 2004, the line was finally extended through to the city of Darwin.