Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQHow often should I get my roof checked?It depends on how old your roof is. Once a year is recommended, but new roofing may not need inspecting for 5 years.
- FAQWhich type of roof is best for my home?It will depend on your budget, preferences and climate conditions. In a bushfire prone area, metal roofing is best.
- FAQCan I use a pressure cleaner on metal roofing?It’s best not to as pressure can damage your Colorbond or powder coated metal roof. Use a soft sponge or mop.
- FAQIs there a way to make my roof cooler?Yes! Heat reflective roof coatings assist in reflecting solar rays and keeping the roof and rest of the building cool.
- FAQWhat causes condensation in metal roofing?Ineffective ventilation and over use of insulation limits the amount of fresh, dry air being replaced in the roof.
- FAQHow do I know if my roof needs replacing?Look out for missing or cracked shingles, peeling paint, decay, leaking and stains on the interior walls or ceilings.
- FAQWhat are common causes of roof leaks?These include gaps in skylight installations, broken roof tiles, blocked gutters, rusty roofs and faulty flashings.
- FAQWhat does bedding mean in relation to roofing?A sand and cement mixture is used as base to hold or bed ridge caps and tiles to your roof.